As a SNG player we have so many tools at our disposal that not using them is almost criminal. However, as with anything else there is some potential barrier (eg it takes effort) to learn how to use new tools.
For example, recently I had a problem with my hotkeys not working when I open up camtasia. I still don't know why this does not work but it had been months since students have been telling me that Table Ninja is a nice hotkey app and that I should check it out. But I was lazy and kept telling myself, "Self, PSC works just fine. Who cares about looking at Table NinjaFT?" Once PSC failed me I was forced to take a look at table ninja and was supervised to find out that it was very easy to configure and worked flawlessly. It has slightly less options than PSC but it works and I now have an option for creating videos while multitabling.
I'll admit that there are still programs out there that I should take the time to download and learn how to use. For example, I need to get the wizardHUD, and the Hood script that allows you to transfer hands from wizard and HEM Back and forth. I also need to take a look at ICM explorer and stoxcombo.
Many of my students are basically paying me for the same thing. Reduce the energy that it takes to learn how to use the tools that are available. Many of these tools have forums and the information is all out there, but it is much easier to just have someone show you. I will give much props to Chubber (who used to frequent these forums) for helping me set up PSC for the first time. It was very difficult and he wrote me a long PM about how to do it, otherwise I might only be 6 tabling instead of 12 tabling this very moment.
So here is the announcement...
If you are not using SNG Wizard, Holdem Manager, Poker Stove, Table Ninja/PSC, you are wasting your potential. Take the time to learn how to use them next year. Make it a new years resolution to give yourself the best tools available. It is worth the effort.
If you want some help I will be happy to help people on the forums. I am also going to make it a point to do a series in my blog next year about the tools of the game and how to start to configure them once my "Phases of the Game" series is complete. You will be surprised once you start using these tools how many of your own problems become solvable.
Happy New Year
+EV
Télécharger Père Jérôme (HISTOIRE) English PDF
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment