Monday, December 21, 2009

Life: False Start

I am a little late getting of the blocks with my training for the 10 miler in April. I found out on Saturday that my Condo has closed down our rec room (where our treadmills etc are) since our sprinkler system has failed and it is a supposed fire hazard to be in there by myself. No one is allowed in the building except during management office hours. I guess it is more of a liability issue but since we just had about 20 inches of snow running outside is not an option (at least not without snow shoes).

I weighed myself this morning and I guess the power of positive thinking has me already losing weight since I'm down to 213.2 lbs. Maybe running is not necessary anyways? My friend Brandon who is training with me was already planning our next running conquest, the VA Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon, before we have even started training for this one. Brandon is a marathon runner and the rock and roll half marathon is the first long run he ever did. Its Sept 5 so I guess getting from 10 miles to 13 miles is not out of the question. Brandon tells me that getting to the half marathon mark is the hardest part of getting yourself up to running a full marathon. I think that a half marathon is going to be the pinnacle of my running career though. I don't have the time or dedication to running to run a whole marathon.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment